Search:     Search

Change of Relationship

If there is a change in ownership, management agent, bank (bank or account or ABA routing number) or a change in the name of the development, a “Change of Relationship” checklist and documents must be submitted to MassHousing. This process applies to any development where MassHousing is the lender and/or MassHousing is the Contract Administrator for the Section 236, Section 13A, HUD Risk Share, Workforce Housing, or Section 8 Project-based assistance programs. This process ensures that all MassHousing Divisions update their records simultaneously to reflect the change(s) to ensure continuous subsidy payments or loan program compliance. Please note that we will process your request when all of the required documents have been received.

The appropriate checklist and required documents must be sent directly to:

LaVergne Randolph
Subsidy Manager
One Beacon Street, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02108

He can also be reached by e-mail at or phone at 617.854.1167.

Change of Relationship Checklists

To begin, you must select the appropriate checklist for the specific subsidy profile of your property. The instructions are attached to each checklist. If you are unsure of the subsidy type for your development, please contact your MassHousing Asset Manager for assistance. There are four checklists for different subsidy types:

Each checklist will require one or more of the following documents:

  • Cover letter (signed by the owner or authorized representative)
  • Changes to General or Limited Partnership – See MassHousing Ownership Policy
  • Management Agreement
  • HAP Contract or Amendment
  • HUD Firm Commitment Letter
  • Assignment & Assumption Agreement
  • 236 or 13A Interest Subsidy Agreement (or amendment)
  • Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification (IRS Form W-9)
  • Standard Form 1199A (With Instructions)
  • HUD APPS (Including Dunns #) Approval

HUD's Active Partners Performance System (APPS) approval with a DUNS number is required for any change in ownership or management agent for FHA, HUD Risk Share, 202, Section 8, Section 236, Rental Assistance Program (RAP), Rent Supplement, RAD PBRA, Multifamily Housing properties insured under Sections 223(a)(7), 223(f), 221(d)(3), 221(d)(4), 220, 231, 236, and 241(See Federal Register 10/14/2016) where 20% or more of the units are assisted. This HUD approval was formally known as 2530 Previous Participation Clearance approval. You also have the option to file a manually completed Form HUD 2530 with the local HUD field office.

Related Documents

  1. Change of Regional Manager, Site Manager and/or Ownership Contact Information Form
  2. Obtaining a DUNS Number (must be provided for a change in ownership)
  3. IRS Form W-9
  4. Treasury Form 1199A (Note: Owner/Agents must include the TIN number in Box C on the 1199A Form)
  5. HUD APPS Previous Participation approval process

Please contact your HUD Project Manager for changes to your bank or account number for the following programs:

  • Section 236 Contracts – Where MassHousing is not the contract administrator for the 236 IRP
  • Rent Supplement Contracts
  • Rental Assistance Payments Contracts (RAP)
  • RAD Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA) Where MassHousing is not the contract administrator