MassHousing's Center for Community Recovery Innovations (CCRI) supports creative strategies for dealing with alcohol and substance abuse in housing communities.
Each year, CCRI accepts proposals for
- One-time gap funding to support the creation or preservation of affordable sober housing
- One-time funding for programs and services that support affordable sober housing
Proposals are reviewed by MassHousing staff, a Community Services Department Advisory Committee, and finally by the CCRI Board of Directors.
- Increasing the availability of affordable alcohol- and drug-free housing
- Promoting intervention, recovery and successful tenancies for residents with chemical dependencies
- Providing equitable services and resources, geographically and for all populations, with a special focus on housing and services to women with children, adolescent/young women, or youth
To date, more than $6 million has been committed through the program, creating or preserving more than 1,500 units of affordable, sober housing. For more information, contact Ed Chase at or 617.854.1094.
To Apply for a CCRI Grant
To apply for CCRI Grants, all applicants must complete
- All sections of Request for Proposal and follow Proposal Submission Requirements outlined in Section C