Refinancing Subsidized Multifamily Housing
MassHousing provides a variety of refinancing and second mortgage products to properties financed by MassHousing or HUD.
Who is eligible?
- Owners of mid-size or large rental developments (typically 20 or more units) financed by MassHousing or HUD
- Owners of 2-, 3- or 4-family properties should explore MassHousing's Home Ownership programs
- Refinancing of FHA-insured loans and mortgage increases to fund safety systems, energy conversions, conservation measures and deferred capital replacements
- New or additional debt for developments that have been awarded federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credits and/or state Housing Stabilization Funds and HOME funds for major rehabilitation
- Equity takeout loans to encourage owners of prepayment- and conversion-eligible properties to extend their terms of affordability
For more information, contact David Keene, MassHousing's Manager of Portfolio Preservation at 617.854.1124.